Mark Ruffalo Bass in Begin Again...anyone know the brand?

epi56ebony

• Members

I haven't seen the film and the only pic I can find shows the back of the headstock. It looks like a Mosrite from that angle: https://d1vbpossrmepoi.cloudfront.net/frame_product_crop_images/5b803616d1b784a5e77c634f68dc21a6bd5c055364e46ea68ba53f7d69a09658.jpg. Elsewhere it's identified as a Fender Dee Dee Ramone Precision Bass: https://thetake.com/product/81921/mark-ruffalo-fender-dee-dee-ramone-electric-bass-guitar-begin-again.

• Members

Thank you! Yes I think that's a Mosrite Bass based on your info. It's a yellow bass while Dee Dee's was white. I wonder where they got the bass or why they decided to use it. The main bass used in the move was a hofner violin bass [mccartney]. It's a cool looking bass.

The Fender reissue uses a Fender headstock so I guess that was probably an authentic Mosrite Bass

Thanks again for finding me the info and posting. I couldn't find anything on the net but obviously you have much better skills.

great movie by the way

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and I really liked it too. Apparently the writer / director (John Carney) did an earlier film called Once that is supposed to be even better, if the reviews are to be believed. I'm going to have to try to track that one down and watch it, given how much I enjoyed Begin Again.

Yes, the bass Mark Ruffalo's character plays in the rooftop recording scene looks like a Mosrite to me too. I also found it a bit strange, from a storyline aspect, that since they ask him to play on a spur of the moment basis, that he wouldn't just use the bass that was "there" and that the other bassist had been using (the violin bass), and that suddenly there's this different bass there that he was using...

For anyone interested, here's the scene with the Mosrite...

[video=youtube;V49bunKMgvA]

• Members

Once is a great movie! It stars Glen Hansard from the group The Frames and he along with actress Marketa Irglova won the Academy Award for best song. The music is really wonderful in this film.

Here's Glen and Marketa accepting the Academy Award

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• Members
. . . Thanks again for finding me the info and posting. I couldn't find anything on the net but obviously you have much better skills.

No "skills" involved, just a basic Bing image search followed by "Hey, that looks like a Mostrite." The Dee Dee Ramone post struck me as bogus as well but I figured you could draw your own conclusion. Glad to help.

• Members

No "skills" involved, just a basic Bing image search followed by "Hey, that looks like a Mostrite." The Dee Dee Ramone post struck me as bogus as well but I figured you could draw your own conclusion. Glad to help.

I typed in Mark Ruffalo bass Begin Again and checked images. nothing except scenes from Begin Again. Also I've never really seen a Mosrite Bass or even knew they made them.

Once is a great movie! It stars Glen Hansard from the group The Frames and he along with actress Marketa Irglova won the Academy Award for best song. The music is really wonderful in this film.

Here's Glen and Marketa accepting the Academy Award

[video=youtube;qx8yLvb0gZM]

Quoted to embed the video for you. :) Thanks for the video link, and for letting me know what you think of Once. I'll definitely try to track it down and watch it now! :cool2:

• 1 year later...

Archived