Last night, I dreamed I was on tour...

isaac42

• Moderators

In a strange town, I left my bass sitting on the ground and rode away on my bicycle. When I realized what I had done, I went back, and it was still there. Then I got distracted and rode off without it again! This time, when I went back for it, it was gone, but there were two other junky guitar cases where it had been. No instrument in either, though.

I spent the rest of the dream trying to figure out what I was going to play for that night's show.

• Members

If I were to interpret that, I'd say you were being given a lesson that you wont need that bass on the ultimate tour when you get to heaven. They issue other instruments when you get there, and when you came back to earth for a visit and saw the old cases, you had a second lesson, that nothing man made lasts.

• Moderators

But seriously - okay, semi-seriously - what would be the point of going to Heaven if I have to go without my favorite white Ric? Ideally, we should both be restored to our ideal forms, rocking together for all eternity.

• Moderators

The Mapleglo has original pickups. The white one has Seymour Duncan humbuckers, but I don't like the sound of them as well. The Burgundyglo has Bartolinis, which I like quite a bit. The Midnight Blue has Alembics, which can sound amazing in certain situations, not so much in others.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived