Bass GHOST town.

Bassin' 'Round

• Members
Plenty on Talkbass - and they just "survived" a major upgrade with flying colors :) unlike here :( .

I think I visit Talkbass once a year or so these days. I'll hang out at ebassist and pop in here now and then.

• Moderators
Ebassist is primarily for a small clique who enjoy talking about just about anything OTHER than bass. Just one real bass show in town (really on the entire planet, for that matter)...TalkBass.
That small clique also knows a lot about bass and if someone has a question, it does get answered. There are a few builders who are part of that "​small clique who enjoy talking about just about anything OTHER than bass". That "small clique who enjoy talking about just about anything OTHER than bass" outside of a handful of posters were the primary posters here until Jive. If you know there is only "one real bass show in town" then your needs are already met by that site.

Yah, I popped in over there and it's carp...

I know from past discussions with you, it wouldn't be your thing. That doesn't mean it's crap.

• Members
That small clique also knows a lot about bass and if someone has a question, it does get answered. There are a few builders who are part of that "​small clique who enjoy talking about just about anything OTHER than bass". That "small clique who enjoy talking about just about anything OTHER than bass" outside of a handful of posters were the primary posters here until Jive. If you know there is only "one real bass show in town" then your needs are already met by that site.

No, those guys aren't all that bright on bass topics. And they weren't when they were here, either. Like it or not, & it seems apparent that some very much don't care for it, TB is the end all/be all for both bass info & bass classifieds. There is no 2nd option, that's how much TB owns the bass world.

• Members
And this subforum is springing back to life being as on-topic as you would like. Not. ;)
I've no prob with off-topic - I remember it being 90%+ pre-adolescent potty humor. Just not my thing, I'll be celebrating the 50th anniversary of being 9 years old next month LOL.

stonefish.jpg

• Members
I would be happy to answer any of your bass related questions. For instance, if you desire to know which bass is best for metal, just ask! :)
And I'm your guy if anyone wants to know the best music stand, hawaiian shirt, cargo shorts, and sandals for metal :cool: .

snakeheadfish.jpg

• Members

TalkBass is interesting when I want to look at pictures of a multitude of basses or some overly heated discussion on one thing or another that someone links. Outside that, it's much less interesting to me as I enjoy off-topic discussion in a more general forum. HCBF and ebassist have suited my needs for bass-related things better than TalkBass.

• Moderators

No, those guys aren't all that bright on bass topics. And they weren't when they were here, either. Like it or not, & it seems apparent that some very much don't care for it, TB is the end all/be all for both bass info & bass classifieds. There is no 2nd option, that's how much TB owns the bass world.

So IOW, you come here complaining about this forum, but TB is the end all/be all. Thanks for the wonderful insight.

• Members
TalkBass is interesting when I want to look at pictures of a multitude of basses or some overly heated discussion on one thing or another that someone links. Outside that, it's much less interesting to me as I enjoy off-topic discussion in a more general forum. HCBF and ebassist have suited my needs for bass-related things better than TalkBass.

Very hard to believe as the bass knowledge at TB dwarfs that of Harmony & Ebassist combined, probably by a factor approaching 100.

• Members

Very hard to believe as the bass knowledge at TB dwarfs that of Harmony & Ebassist combined, probably by a factor approaching 100.

You seem to have the know it all attitude to make you fit right in with the snobs and attitudes over at that other forum. Hope you enjoy it over there. Don't let the HC door hit you on the way out. sm-tied

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

To each his own. I find them suitable for my needs. When I want to look at round 27 of "post your <insert random category of stuff here>" I've always got TalkBass.

Archived