Recommend a good strap

Silent Heart

• Members

I've been using cheap straps for years and I can't take it anymore. Can anyone recommend a good strap that they have found and/or used? I would consider just about anything under $100. In particular, I'm looking for something that is comfortable and non-slip. I play with the neck at a fairly steep angle and it constantly seems to be slipping down, closer to horizontal. Is there a material that is particularly good at preventing that problem? I think leather may be, but all the leather straps I've used are quite uncomfortable and start digging into my shoulder. Anyway, thanks for any tips.

• Members
I had a leather strap, about 4" wide and with a rough underside. Didn't dig into my shoulder, minimized neck dive and slippage.

Something like this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/clayton-3-1-2-leather-guitar-strap

Thanks, I ended up going with something like that. We'll see if it does any good. I've never heard of this before, but I guess my problem is not uncommon and is called "neck dive."

• Members

I have a 4" leather as you describe I have used since 1976. Additionally, it has a snap near the tail of the guitar. It came with a leather loop that goes around the cord and snaps to the strap. Prevents ruining cords or, even worse, a damaged jack.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I bought a wooden strap from DiVincent's music Store in Morgantown. Never seen them elsewhere, but it's pretty cool to be wearing a wooden strap with a natural finish Bass guitar. (And yea, it slips a bit too. Need to put some friction material on the underside of the wood pieces that sit on the shoulder.)

• Members

Archived