X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about Fender, Dimention Basses?

Personally, I really like them.

"You people keep on raining. I'll still be the parade." - Diamond Dave.

TO HEAR MY COUNTRY BAND: ADRIAN RAY, click THIS or this

Official endorsee of:Breedlove Guitars

http://www.ghsstrings.com

http://www.rocktron.com

http://www.monsterenergy.com/

Myspace.com-Dave Aronow

I’ve just seen them on-line, but I like them a lot.

I’m thinking one of the single-pickup models might be my next bass, down the road a bit.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
    Hate is like taking poison, hoping the other guy gets sick.

How above being tricked are you? Take the test
    ---->
    HERE

Comment

I've been seeing some single and dual pickup sub-models of the Dimension Bass at Geetar Center since late last year. They seem slightly MusicMan-ish in some ways (body shape and pickups), but the neck is a normal P-Bass neck. I think the pickup(s) used is the same one that was on the Big Block P-Bass from a little while back.

Comment

Originally posted by *BLEEP* View Post
        I've been seeing some single and dual pickup sub-models of the Dimension Bass at Geetar Center since late last year. . . .
        I caught the typo too but I was too polite to mention it. My first thought was "Demented Bass," which my wife would probably say is what I should be playing. I'm primarily a guitarist so I haven't been looking but I hadn't seen the two pickup version until recently.
        Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
        Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
        Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
        Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by *BLEEP* View Post
          I think the pickup(s) used is the same one that was on the Big Block P-Bass from a little while back...

Um... no. I was at Geetar Center again today and saw some Dimension Basses -- including a few Modern Player models. The pickup used on non-Modern Player versions were not what the Big Block P-Bass used. The Modern Player versions used a triple element blade humbucker. In fact, I *really* liked a maple fingerboard Modern Player Dimension that I tried.

Comment

I bought one a few months ago. They are not like MM Stingrays, but close:
            - the neck has a special C shape
            - the humbuckers are new, and located at a better place than the Stingrays (you can easily slap with a Dimension HH, not with a Stingray HH)
            - good overall quality, no paint on both sides of the neck, but on the bass itself yes.
            - 2 9V batteries that can't be easily accessed, that's a bad point
            - the AD version comes with strap, strap locks, small cable and screwdrivers, that's good.

Comment

Working...
            X