What about Fender, Dimention Basses?

DaveAronow

• Members

I've been seeing some single and dual pickup sub-models of the Dimension Bass at Geetar Center since late last year. They seem slightly MusicMan-ish in some ways (body shape and pickups), but the neck is a normal P-Bass neck. I think the pickup(s) used is the same one that was on the Big Block P-Bass from a little while back.

• Members
I've been seeing some single and dual pickup sub-models of the Dimension Bass at Geetar Center since late last year. . . .

I caught the typo too but I was too polite to mention it. My first thought was "Demented Bass," which my wife would probably say is what I should be playing. I'm primarily a guitarist so I haven't been looking but I hadn't seen the two pickup version until recently.

• Members
I think the pickup(s) used is the same one that was on the Big Block P-Bass from a little while back...

Um... no. I was at Geetar Center again today and saw some Dimension Basses -- including a few Modern Player models. The pickup used on non-Modern Player versions were not what the Big Block P-Bass used. The Modern Player versions used a triple element blade humbucker. In fact, I *really* liked a maple fingerboard Modern Player Dimension that I tried.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I bought one a few months ago. They are not like MM Stingrays, but close:

- the neck has a special C shape

- the humbuckers are new, and located at a better place than the Stingrays (you can easily slap with a Dimension HH, not with a Stingray HH)

- good overall quality, no paint on both sides of the neck, but on the bass itself yes.

- 2 9V batteries that can't be easily accessed, that's a bad point

- the AD version comes with strap, strap locks, small cable and screwdrivers, that's good.

Archived