RULES OF THE LESSON LOFT — Bass

• Members

These are the rules of the lesson loft. Please only post if you agree to abide by the rules:

1) EDUCATIONAL OR INSPIRATIONAL CONTENT ONLY

2) NO Derogatory or Disparaging remarks. If you believe something someone has posted is in error, please PM them or the moderator and we will clarify meaning or correct mistake.

3) This is a moderated forum. All content posted has to be approved by moderator

4) As a contributor to this forum, we do allow personal posting of information related to your learning material or learning website. We ask that you confine those links and recommendations to the end of the post of learning material postings.

5) If the info you post is deemed to be not indicative of the spirit of Harmony Central or to be below the standard of material requirements, we will not approve the posts.

6) We ask that you post material that will help motivate and teach the next generation, rather than simply trying to show off your chops.

7) Support material is greatly appreciated: Video, Audio Clips, Music Notation Images, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members
Sorry dont know much about guitars but I have a electric' date=' 6 string, solid body Bently. I am curious on how to find info on it. I see no info posted on it. If you could help I would appreciate it. It also is not a full sz but solid and heavy TIA[/quote']

Try the Electric Guitar forum.

D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Bring the harmony back to Harmony Central! When studying harmony it's cool to think in terms of a center point with everything revolving around that center point (tonic) having a vibe, a name, a connection to the center. We as musicians learn how to hear music, codifying it, relating it to a key, a scale, a mode, a shape ((ie.blues riff).. So are there any questions or study habits that folks want to talk about? Love working with harmony.. As a student, and we are all students, it's fun dissecting music. Figuring it out and charting it either on paper or by ear. Bass players must develop their ears to become sound citizens in an ensemble. Let's too not forget rhythm and groove. While studying harmony it's cool and necessary to keep the groove and rhythmic pocket in tact.. Now you have a healthy practice routine.