Soundcraft UI16 wireless mixer

• Members

Took the plunge and purchased the UI-16. This is just the right size for my band. First impressions - intuitive interface with many functions available. The factory EQ effects for male and female vocals got me in the ball park. Used at rehearsal yesterday and band members loved the sound. This first go was with minimal tuning. Used Chromebook and built-in UI access point to run the mixer, worked flawlessly. When I use it for gigs will front it with a dual band router and ethernet cable to the UI. For now - strictly for rehearsals. I'm liking it!

RR

• Members

I looked at those when they came out. Looks like a nice unit. Now for them to put out a 16 - 24 xlr input box would be great !

As a side note I picked up a Netgear AC1750 router that is around $89 most places. Nice router with good signal strength. If you need one they do work good.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32867-netgear-r6400-wireless-retest

226149264864d8966b06d3a21740661b.JPG.9000488413e61caa8e15ba969bc3f0b4.JPG

796f6bc970dd8f7d4cb82c7f107f48f1.thumb.JPG.30c2947fd3320929b1c92cb4aa2d2a02.JPG

• Members

I have one. A few suggestions for better performance. ALWAYS have a PC or MAC hardwired to the units ethernet port.

The device will not hand out an IP to your laptop. You will have to manually assign an IP address.

Also, put the latest firmware update on the device. The stock antenna sucks. I put an 8db boost TPLINK antenna on and I was able to stay connected farther then 50 feet without the unit having a disconnect. The best way is to use an external router.

The software interface and sonic performance is really dam good when everything is as it should be.

Antenna

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Members

Thanks Dookietwo, I saw this posted on Soundcraft UI16 FB page - 24 channel model due out in March.

I am actually looking at this router from Amazon , it is a 1300 but has MU-MIMO was $50 yesterday and I should have jumped on it. Now $70, ASUS RT-ACRH13 Dual-Band 2x2 AC1300 Wifi 4-port Gigabit Router with USB 3.0

• Members

PSG - yes, once I take this on the road my plan is to hard wire my laptop to an external router and hardwire from router to UI. Other devices can come in on the external routers wireless channels. The UI is really a lot of bang for the buck, but it is built using consumer level hard wear as is most stuff made in China. Thanks for the tip on the antenna, I'll pick one up.

Archived