What's your main pick?

1001gear

• Members
Dunlop nylon 60s when I'm not fingerpicking. Love the raised topography - easy to hang on to.

On grip, acetal polymer is strange stuff. It has a smooth matte feel and is pretty easy to hold - I've fallen asleep holding them and woken up still holding 'em. The odd part is when they get wet the adhesion increases and they hold like a dry celluloid one. I think those V Picks do something like that as well.

• Members

I've played with various iterations of the Jazz III (used them for about 20 years), Clayton, Red Bear, V-Picks, and dozens of others (boutique and common) and the one that came out on top and that I've used for a couple of years is the Wegen Big City. If you like a teardrop jazzy thing w/o weird artifacts (V-picks), positive attack, durability, smooth release, good grip....check out Wegen... I tend toward the 1.8mm over the 1.4

• Members

Mu fingers actually tell me what pick to use. As I play I make subconciuss adjustments for tone. Sometimes I notice the picik slipping in my grip I'll look at it and realize it's a heavy pick so I switch to medium and no more slipping I had been relaxing my grip to soften the sound. Or I might be gripping tightly and close to the point .oh it's a light pick ,switch to medium and my grip is normal

• Members

Medium strength and white in color. Fender are first choice because they are consistent and I can find them almost everywhere. White color is important, because I play in a few really dark rooms, and although I don't drop them often, when I do, I like to know where they land.

Aside: I've been playing on a quay, in a marina with salt water under us for 7 years. Like most decks, it's slatted wood with very little space between the boards. In all these years I've dropped 3 picks there, and each one went between the slats to the water below. Freaky.

Insights and incites by Notes

Archived