need help with my shure pro master powered mixer

• Members

hey guy's i just got a shure pro master power console model 700 and it has started to shutdown after a few minutes of being on no mater if there is a load conected or if music is playing or not. the shutdown led will come on and if there is music playing and a load is conected the pa overload led's will come on and i get no sound out of the speakers after that.when i first got it i played music for 2 hours or so and i had no problems. please help i would love to be able to use this. also i think this was made some where around 1970-1979.

e859af9cd0f585d1980d6ec02b2c5c4b.thumb.jpg.da24250b7fe6f7e66c1feadbb95755cc.jpg

• Members

IS the fan working? You might want to open t up and clean it- I think the bottom plate just comes off. That mixer is probably 40 years old. A cool mixer in its day, but so old it cant possibly be reliable. I did lots of gigs with one of these and the matching mains and monitors.

• Members

was just testing it and it did it again and if i unplug the speakers the pa overload led's turn off and shutdown led stays on. then if i plug the speakers back in i have sound at low volumes for a small amount of time, then overload led's turn back on and i get no sound again. And yes i have tryed diffrent inputs

• Members

well it shuts down when ever it fells like it even if there is no load or music playing. but at the moment no i can not try diffrent cables/speaker becuase i do not have another pair of speakers at my house right now. heres a little text out of the manuel for the mixer.

LCD Status lndicotors

POWER-Indicates application of ac voltage to power supply when

rear-panel ON-OFF switch is turned on.

TEMP WARNING-Lights when unusually high temperature of 70°C

(158°F) is reached on the output transistors. Indication may be due to

blockage of air louvers, dirty air filter, or operating the console at a high

output level with a low load impedance (too many speakers or a

short-circuited output). Indicator will turn off when transistor case

temperature drops below 70°C. If indicator lights, it is advisable to identify

the cause and make corrections to avoid shutdown.

SHUTDOWN-When indicator is on, both power amplifiers are turned off

(all other circuits remain on). The console may shut down for one of the

following reasons: (1) excessive temperature due to inadequate cooling

(see TEMP WARNING), (2) dc voltage on speaker lines due to power

transistor failure (check for this condition by turning the console off,

waiting several minutes, and turning it back on), or (3) airflow blockage

due to fan failure or air passage obstruction.

• CMS Author

Then you don't have what's needed to troubleshoot the problem. A decent electronics repair shop can do that. If you don't know of any, ask around in the local music shops. Central Florida Speaker Repair in Orlando could be a good place to ask who's good. It was the first hit I found looking for a shop in FL.

• Members

Maybe a pro audio museum out there? That looks just like my first mixer I inherited early 90's sometime..... I bought a cs800 for the band and the guy who owned the pa moved and traded me that mixer and two stacks of home grown speakers (drivers were altec lansing) for the cs800.....I believe it had 2 amps on it like rated at 200 w? One amp for monitors and one for mains?

On something that old even if you replace the failure piece, plug it in, possible the whole line will keep popping which caused the failure in the first place. I'm not sure why you want to keep something in service that isn't worth the weight of it's own copper for recycling.....For a shop to even give you a quote would exceed the value of that mixer.

Archived