A partial guitar family picture

slvrsrpnt

• Members

Let's see, top row

TC V, Czech Korina V, USA Hardtail, Chinese Evo

Bottom Row

'83 Bel Aire, '84 Bel Aire, USA Bel Aire, TC Z, Chinese Accoustic

Not as easy to post pictures here as it used to be, had to resize 4 times to get the right dimensions and file size.

c1750bfff210d79b53dfe0ef4b00db3b.thumb.jpg.bc8e607a125381d3bb77b3a662def658.jpg

• Members

To the OP: Are you a Dean sponsored artist? Those are really some colorful exciting looking guitars - makes my stuff look like an old man collection which I guess kinda fits (ha ha).

^ Holy snikeys, I hear about some collections like that but a picture's worth a thousand words. Thx for making me feel better about my ten electrics.

• Members
To the OP: Are you a Dean sponsored artist? Those are really some colorful exciting looking guitars - makes my stuff look like an old man collection which I guess kinda fits (ha ha).

^ Holy snikeys, I hear about some collections like that but a picture's worth a thousand words. Thx for making me feel better about my ten electrics.

Yeah I hear ya, I used to dog a friend of mine because he has around a 100 give or take when he is buying or selling. The girl friend used to rag me about them until I tallied up what I had into them verses what they worth.

• Members

Dang, that is a lot of cases!!!!

and wankdeplank, not a sponsored artist, just a fan of their guitars since seeing Rik Emmett and his white V when I was a young teen. I've sold off most of the Asian imports and kept the USA's and Czech models. The 2 Chinese were added at very silly low prices, good for beaters!

• Members
Dang, that is a lot of cases!!!!

and wankdeplank, not a sponsored artist, just a fan of their guitars since seeing Rik Emmett and his white V when I was a young teen. I've sold off most of the Asian imports and kept the USA's and Czech models. The 2 Chinese were added at very silly low prices, good for beaters!

Very cool indeed. I've heard those are very fine instruments, always wanted to try one but never given the opportunity. Talking of course about the USA / Czech stuff. Most Budget imports don't interest me much, but there is always the rare exception.

L-A wrote: Yeah I hear ya, I used to dog a friend of mine because he has around a 100 give or take when he is buying or selling. The girl friend used to rag me about them until I tallied up what I had into them verses what they worth.

It's all good. People collect things that they love, nothing wrong with that. I've got a few that are worth some coin and some not. My problem is, I have a heckuva hard time selling anything that I still enjoy, and I enjoy some of the cheapies (not cheap crap more like sleepers) as much as the valuable stuff. I probably need to work up a spread sheet cause otherwise my wife's liable to give them all away for pennies in a yard sale when I croak.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Here is the rest of the family.

GuitarFamily.jpg

White guitar is a Hofner Shorty. Bought it from the PX when I was stationed in Germany. Burgundy Schecther bought used from GC. Mahogany Ibanez bought used off the bay for 100 bucks. It is about 25 years old. Still plays great. Thought about changing out the pickups for P-Rails from Seymour Duncan. The blue Ibanez RG570 I bought from GC a long time ago on clearance. Totally forgot about it. Changed out the pickups for Dimarzio Freds. They sound great. Also put in a tap switch for the bridge. Black Strat was given to me by kids for my birthday. Alder body with maple neck. It is a Gilmour replica. Not the high price one. I am going to switch the bridge for a SSL-5. Orange G5120 Gretsch was another gift from my family. Got it for 200 bucks from GC. Needed some cleaning and a base plate for the jack. The acoustic is a cheap Takmine. There you go. All get played in some sort of rotation but I probably play the blue Ibanez and the black strat the most.

• Members
Here's my family...

fetch?id=31253174&type=full

but,.. but.. but.... th... the... they are all black!!!

nice collection. my first "real" guitar was a black washburn wd10 accoustic. i also have a black epi lp custom. but since then i'm annoyed, cause as a lefty you only get black or sunburst. i hate sunburst ad i'm tired of black. i want some red or blue or green or orange etc.

but as lefty colors is a no-no :(

Archived